Let’s pretend for just a sec that I have like six thousand people reading my blog daily. (Hint: I don’t.) But I could pretend that people know me or something. Or at least they want to know me. (They probably don’t.)
Anyways, I would tell them that I have an office job that is sometimes super busy and most of the time really slow. Like, sit in the office for 8 hours with nothing to do slow. So I try to find things to fill my time. Most often laziness takes over, and I just end up on gchat with my two besties or link hopping through the never-ending time wasting websites. Here’s what I did to keep up the productivity:
Today I wrote eight ideas of time fillers on sticky notes and stuck them on my monitor.
- Make a list. Honestly though, lists are fun. To-dos, goals, travel wishes, friends to call, things to buy. Then maybe once the list is done, I can start crossing things off.
- Draw. I’m not a doodler, but it isn’t too late to learn.
- Read a random science article. Brad always spouts out these random science facts. My turn.
- Walk up and down the stairs. Okay. So sort of boring, but it’ll boost my step count and be outside a bit longer.
- Write a blog post. Duh.
- Learn something from YouTube. Today I watched this one. He’s a friend of ours, and it’s actually really interesting. Ideally, I’ll watch the video and actually do the things they’re teaching. Not today. Today I wrote this post instead.
- Call an old friend. I have a couple of people I call while I’m on walks. (Thanks, Mom.) Maybe I’ll use my list from the first suggestion and actually call them.
- Make something for Etsy. Brad and I are trying to open an Etsy shop this year with his design things and my random things.
What are your random time filler things?