I’m not a lover of all things chocolate like most people seem to be. You did the M&M’s out of trail mix to eat them; I did them out to give them away. You choose the chocolate cake smothered in chocolate syrup; I drink water. You eat Snickers and Butterfingers and Milky Ways and Sees and Hersey’s; I don’t…often. Well, I stumbled upon (not a reference to the website) a recipe for brownies that are uber delicious. I will share it with you right now.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder, optional
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9×13 baking dish.
- In small saucepan over low heat, melt butter completely. Stir in sugar and continue cooking for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly. Do not allow sugar mixture to boil.
- Pour butter mixture into a large bowl or stand mixer, beat in cocoa powder, eggs, salt, baking powder, espresso powder, and vanilla extract. Mix until well combined.
- Stir in the flour and chocolate chips until well combined.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for about 30 minutes, until a tester comes out mostly clean. The edges should be set and the center should still look slightly moist, but not uncooked. Cool on a wire rack.
And some pictures of things.