How many times have you heard someone tell you that being happy is a choice? A billion. It’s a lie. Kind of. Being happy is kind of a choice but there are some things I do to be happy when everything else is telling me to be sad.
- Read- forget who you are by becoming someone else. But then I get sad again when the book is over because I miss the friend I found inside the book. Book+blanket+popcorn+tea=happyhappyhappy
- Eat ice cream- self explanatory, really.
- Walk, run, or bike- because eating ice cream all the time will kill me.
- Sleep- I have ridiculously awesome dreams where I see all my friends and go on adventures. Why would I ever want to be awake?
- Listen to Brand New- instant happiness.
- Do something that reminds me I’m a person- Cliff jumping, see how long I can hold my breath under water (supervision highly recommended), drive fast, hike.
- Be with my family- this is an instant cure all.
- But most of all, I think about how I’m the only me that has ever existed and because of that, I am awesome and there is nothing that can make me less than happy.